OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – Mobile, AL
Dynamic company seeks Outside Sales Representative to embark on a successful career in Mobile, AL. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the opportunity to join the M&M Construction Materials team. Family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction and industrial supplies. M&M distributes its products in AL, MS, and FL.
Candidate must be able to call on commercial construction job sites as well as contractor offices.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of M&M’s products and pricing structure.
- Identify leads, manage prospects, and acquire new business.
- Builds and sustains customer relationships and ensures satisfaction and loyalty.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Regularly meet with Manager to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree is preferred (although additional industry experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 1 -2 years work experience (preferably in construction supply sales)
- Experience in outside sales is a plus
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: M&M Construction Materials offers a great benefit program that includes:
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel card
- Competitive compensation structure
- Must be goal oriented, have personal integrity and a sense of urgency.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
Branch Manager– Mobile, AL
We are looking for a candidate with the desire to grow a market full of opportunities. The ideal candidate should be willing and able to manage a small team of individuals to achieve desired benchmarks as set by management. The necessary infrastructure for success is already in place.
Direct all sales and operations activities for a branch location. Responsible for the execution of sales strategy and growth. Develop customer relationships and ensure satisfaction through operational excellence. Responsible for talent acquisition and development and retention of associates and adherence to company policies and procedures. This position requires operation of a company vehicle or a personal vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Accountable for profit and loss, inventory management and return on sales (ROS) goals.
- Safeguards company assets and associates. Provides operational oversight and excellent in inventory management procedures.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial, and operational support demands.
- Initiates and builds customer relationships with existing and new customers.
- Acts as liaison to executive leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Monitors local market trends. Develops and executes strategies to grow local market share and aggressively pursues business opportunities.
- Works closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase profitability.
- Ensures efficient operations through adherence to policies and procedures and process excellence. Maintains compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensures environmental health and safety and regulatory responsibilities are followed.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Would require minimal overnight travel.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.